madebypaint | HOW TO USE
Made by paint is an Australian made chalk paint. Based in Brisbane, this is the best safe non-toxic Eco-friendly chalk furniture in Australia
Australian Made Chalk Paint, Chalk, Paint, Australia, Non-Toxic, Safe, VOC, free
18381
page,page-id-18381,page-child,parent-pageid-15629,page-template-default,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,columns-4,qode-theme-ver-7.7,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.3.3,vc_responsive


CHALK & CLAY PAINT / MODERN MILK PAINT

SURFACE PREPARATION

Ensure surfaces to be painted are clean and free of peeling paint, mould, dust, dirt, and grease. Sanding, priming, removing old paint, varnish or wax is generally not necessary, as the paint will stick to most surfaces. Occasionally, certain furniture surfaces may bleed stain through the paint. Test your piece first, and if so, undercoat the surface with a good quality primer before painting.

DIRECTIONS

Stir well with a broad flat stirrer. Pour the paint out into a smaller container and reseal the tin. If a washed look is desired, thin the paint with water. If a thicker paint is needed, leave the lid off overnight. The paint will thicken over time with exposure to air. Thin from time to time with a small quantity of water to maintain it’s original consistency.

APPLICATION

Use a good quality bristle brush or mohair roller. The paint is touch dry within 30 minutes and can be re-coated after 2 hours. Apply sufficient coats to achieve the required coverage and texture. Sanding between coats is an option where necessary to remove any unwanted material. Allow to dry thoroughly before applying a finishing sealer such as an eco-friendly non-toxic wax. After use, wash all brushes and tools in water.

CLEAN UP & DISPOSAL

Wash all brushes and tools in water. Refer to your State or Territory Land Waste Management Authority and dispose of at approved waste sites. Do not pour down the drain.

FIRST-AID

Keep out of the reach of children. Ensure adequate ventilation. Wear safety glasses and rubber gloves to avoid eye and skin contact. Use a dust mask when sanding or spraying to avoid inhalation. Eyes – flush with running water. Swallowed – drink plenty of water. In both cases seek medical advice.


MINERAL PAINT

SURFACE PREPARATION

Ensure surfaces to be painted are clean and free from peeling paint, mould, dirt, dust and grease. Sanding or priming is generally unnecessary, as the paint will stick to most surfaces. Painting on plastic, glass and metal may require use of an appropriate base coat. Occasionally, tannin rich timber may leach and require a sealant to be applied prior to painting. Test your piece first, and if so use a stain blocker, primer or undercoat.

APPLICATION

Shake the tin well and stir with a broad flat stirrer. Pour out the required amount of paint into a separate container and reseal the tin airtight for longevity. Apply the paint with a good brush, foam roller or spray gun. In optimum conditions, the paint is touch dry in 30 minutes and can be recoated after 2 hours. Two coats are generally sufficient to achieve excellent coverage and opacity. This tin will cover about 7 to 8 square metres depending on the substrate.

FINISHING

Our Mineral Paint is formulated with a built-in topcoat and does not need sealing. To remove unwanted drips or brush strokes between coats, sand when the paint is touch dry. Avoid sanding the final coat of paint where possible, as this will disturb the built-in topcoat and will need resealing. For added durability and protection in high traffic areas, applying a sealant is recommended. Use any of our Waxes, Polyseal or Finishing Oils to both protect and achieve the desired decorative look for your piece.

CLEAN UP & DISPOSAL

Wash all brushes and tools in water. Refer to your State or Territory Land Waste Management Authority and dispose of at approved waste sites. Do not pour down the drain.

FIRST-AID

Keep out of the reach of children. Ensure adequate ventilation. Wear safety glasses and rubber gloves to avoid eye and skin contact. Use a dust mask when sanding or spraying to avoid inhalation. Eyes – flush with running water. Swallowed – drink plenty of water. In both cases seek medical advice.